An award-winning writing school in LA, SF and Online is actively seeking School Site Managers to run a class site in its San Francisco Location in Potrero Hill.
Job Description: The School Site Manager is responsible for overseeing writing class operations at the San Francisco location.
Renumeration and Hours:
The position is 10-29 hours per week, depending on class enrollment. Work must completed on site. Hours take place on weeknight evenings Mon-Thurs. and weekends. Pay is $20 per hour plus free classes.
– Opening and Closing Space.
– Ensuring location Safety.
– Training and overseeing helpers.
– Making announcements and promoting classes.
– Distributing and collecting relevant paperwork.
– Managing inventory and office supplies.
– Shopping for food and office supplies.
– Managing correspondence with students and teachers at this location.
– Cleaning space.
– Making copies for students or teachers.
– Helping with educational program development and class quality control.
– Setting up AV and recording classes using Quicktime Pro or our online web system.
– Assisting with social media and marketing efforts.
– Researching new teachers, classes, and events.
– Event planning.
This position may also include the following responsibilities:
– Dealing with customer service issues related to classes.
– Dealing with issues that may arise related to space management (plumbing, electrical, etc).
– Phone and email sales.
– Bachelor’s Degree or MFA in Creative Writing, English Literature, Journalism, Screenwriting, Arts, Communication, Theater
– Must be a writer who is passionate about the craft of writing
– 1 or more years of relevant work experience in office management or education
– Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Very responsible
– Detail oriented
– Takes direction well
– Able to work independently
– Must have a car and drivers license
– Working Macbook Pro
– Must be flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
– Improv, stand up, or sketch comedy experience is desirable
– Sales and marketing experience is desirable
Applicants who do not have a Bachelor’s Degree or MFA in Creative Writing, English Literature, Journalism, Screenwriting, Arts, Communication, Theater, or closely related degree, car and drivers license, and 1 or more years of relevant work experience in office management or education will NOT be considered.
This is an excellent position for a writer as it leaves your days free to write. It also offers great opportunities for networking and making connections with successful writers, editors and publishers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, applicants should include a copy of their resume and cover letter in the body of the email as well as attach a PDF of both the resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call us or stop by our offices to inquire about this position.